Thursday 1 January 2009

It's a new dawn, it's a new day...

Hello dear readers!
I hope you all had a Merry New Year and a wonderful Christmas.  In some ways, for me, it's been a long holiday but in others, as always, I need another week to recover and do all of the things I needed to do! Oh well, there'll be time to sort out my filing cabinet and get new bookcases soon.
I must have been a pretty good girl for 2008 as Santa brought me lots of nice presents, including Mamma Mia! and 
Wall-e. Mr Charming and I got a couple of joint presents too - a breadmaker and Trivial Pursuit. Yay. 

So, anyway. On to business. Today is the first day of the Book Challenge. I will begin with The Time Traveler's Wife, carry on with a BIll Bryson, Charles Dickens and a David Mitchell. That's January taken care of. I've decided to do it a month at a time, rather than the whole six months, year or whatever as I don't want to rule out a book I might get along the way. My good friend Liz has decided to join me on the journey, which'll be lovely. Hopefully she'll be able to read some books and write a few blog entries too. I'll tell you which book I'm reading about a week in advance, then maybe we could do a virtual book group thing. That would be cool. 

I pledge to read each book between Monday and Sunday of each week. This gives me a little bit more time this week, admittedly, but  will have less time on some weeks so basically it'll all work out in the end. 
After reading each book I will write a review within a week of reading it. Hopefully it'll be within a day or so but it depends what else I'm doing!

Any comments, feedback etc will be more than welcome. This is just a bit of fun so I can maintain my reading and carry on writing, but book suggestions will be especially useful.

Have a fantastic 2009, everyone. It's going to be ace. 

No comments: